How to keep your same weight loss goals after the summer months
It’s easy to get motivated to start a weight loss plan at the beginning of the summer. Many people, motivated by time and the sunny enthusiasm that brings the summer, decided to get fit during the summer months. With summer comes a new beginning and a new enthusiasm.
After a while, however, it can be difficult to maintain the same high level of motivation you need to continue. When the motivation of upcoming holidays or looking your best in a swimsuit is not in front of you, you can easily get discouraged and fall back into old habits.
Instead of giving up, choose success.
Just stick to your weight loss goals and fitness, even after the swimsuit season with these tips:
- Take small steps. Once you’ve been on a diet for a long time, you might feel like giving up if your ideal weight still seems far off. Instead, break up your big goal into tiny pieces. Seeking to achieve small goals every few weeks. This way you can reward yourself along the way and stay on track.
- Work on weight maintenance. Instead of thinking in terms of diet and weight loss, looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle. If you have been a long diet, give yourself a break and try to focus on nutritional changes that you can maintain for the rest of your life.
• Weight maintenance is an excellent alternative to “give up” because you keep the progress you’ve already made instead of yo-yo. You will always feel like a success every day when you look in the mirror.
3. Splurge. Even when you are on a strict diet, allow your to indulge in a moderate amount of your favorite foods from time to time. You will experience fewer cravings and stay on track that way.
weight loss goals
4. Control your portions. You can eat healthy, but if you eat too much you can sabotage your chances of losing weight. Just watch the amount you eat. If you are still hungry after a small portion, wait 15 minutes and see if you are still hungry after. Often you will feel full after time has passed.
5. Watch what you drink. Pay attention to how many calories are in drinks you consume. If you drink a lot of soda, coffee or other sugary drinks, these calories can add up quickly. If you drink lots of water, you get less hungry and have more energy. You will also avoid the crash that comes from these sugary drinks.
If you’ve become accustomed to weighing yourself every day, consider stepping on the scale less often. When you place your attention the number on the scale to your level of fitness, you will make wise decisions without the added stress that the scale provides.
Remember that if you work, muscle weighs more than fat. The scale is only an indicator of how you are progressing in your fitness journey. Are your clothes better? Do you have more energy? Do you receive compliments on your appearance? Focus on those things and weigh yourself less often.
weight loss goals
Above all, be kind to yourself. Set yourself up for success by focusing on the reasons why a fit body brings you joy. A compelling reason will drive you forward, and small steps will keep you moving forward. Small steps and healthy decisions will help you maintain or regain the motivation that you had at the beginning of the summer.