5 Ways to Get in Shape This Summer
Get in Shape: the warm, long summer days are getting a source of encouragement in the open and make changes that can lead to a healthier!
If you are excited to push your body to a new level of fitness, but you do not know where to start, take advantage of the summer to sculpt the body you’ve been missing.
Here are five fun and exciting ways to get in shape this summer:
1. Join a gym. Let the good weather to motivate you to change, but consider a gym membership as a tool to help you change. The sun can invite you to the outside, but the heat can stop you dead momentum in its tracks. An air-conditioned gym with equipment state of the art exercise may be just what you need.
- Whether you want to build muscle or simply tone up and lose a few pounds, a gym you can design a workout program that works best for you.
- If you go with friends, you can provide all the moral support and keep each other on track. With others involved, you’re more likely to avoid procrastination and keep working out.
- You can have a successful exercise program without a gym. But the gym is one tool in your arsenal. If the weather is hot too or raining outside, you will still be able to get a quality workout and feel the sense of accomplishment that it comes with every step.
2. Pick up an old sport. Have you played basketball and baseball in high school? recreational leagues summer offer opportunities to get in shape while reviving competitive fire that you had in your youth.
- Even if you didn’t play sports, you can begin this summer. You may find that you’re better at it than you thought you would be. Sport is a great way to get excited about getting in shape and summer leagues may the ticket to get you off the couch and into the game from.
3. Go for a bike ride. A bicycle ride through the scenic parts of your town is a fun way to get in shape. Enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings, the warm sunshine, and a terrific cardiovascular workout.
- Riding a bike can be as strenuous or as leisurely as you like. Some days, you may want to push yourself with a fast pace. Other days, you may feel tired and in need of rejuvenation. With a bike ride, you can still get a good workout and recharge your batteries at the same time.
4. Develop a morning or evening routine. If you’re just getting started with a personal fitness plan this summer, keep it simple. Try a set of push-ups and a set of sit-ups every morning.
- Begin with small steps that are easy to fit into your busy morning or evening. That way, you’re more likely to stick with the program until you see the results you deserve.
- If the warm weather and beautiful sunshine are calling your name, start small and plan ahead. A short, slow jog first thing in the morning will begin your day with a sense of accomplishment.
- As you become more comfortable and the workout becomes a habit, you can challenge yourself by adding repetitions, time, or distance to the simple plan you’ve created.
5. Maintain a healthy diet. A healthy eating plan is essential to your success. The heat of summer and the additional stress on your body from your commitment to exercise requires the proper fuel. Most importantly, drink plenty of water.
- If you begin to think of the food you’re putting into your mouth as fuel for the fit body you deserve, you’ll start making better choices that support your new lifestyle.
By following these simple steps this summer, you’ll be well on your way to becoming more fit. You’ll create momentum and establish a lifestyle of active fitness that is sure to lead to the fit body you crave!
Please comment on ” Get in Shape in Summer” thanks.