Common Chemical Food Additives You Want to Avoid
Wait! What’s in a delicious muffin you ate? Perhaps, more than you think! the chemical additive used to affect the taste or preserve the product, and they have other uses.
But this additive can also negatively affect your health, so it’s important to pay attention to them. You can probably find a different delicious muffin without those additives.
Because you never know what is possible in today’s food products, it is important to read the ingredient list for each food item before you buy it.
Common additives these foods can be harmful to your health:
- Titanium dioxide. Titanium dioxide is a common ingredient in sunscreen but also used as a food additive. You may find it in salad dressings, powdered sugar, baked goods, and other items.
• The International Agency for Research on Cancer considers titanium dioxide dangerous food additives and recommends that consumers avoid eating it. The agency is labeled as a class 2 carcinogen by several studies.
• The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) labeled as GRAS product. GRAS stands for “generally recognized as safe,” but titanium dioxide is a controversial ingredient.
2. Sodium benzoate. Sodium benzoate is used as a preservative in some food and beverage products such as salad dressings, jams, sodas, and pickles.
• Sodium benzoate can cause allergic reactions in some people.
• One of the main concerns with sodium benzoate is the product formed when mixed with ascorbic acid. Some of the food and beverage items containing sodium benzoate and ascorbic acid, so that benzene can be formed. Benzene is linked to cancer in some studies.
And other food additives:
3. Brominated vegetable oil. These additives are found in soda and have been linked to several health problems.
• The Food and Drug Administration does not consider brominated vegetable oil GRAS (generally recognized as safe) products. In addition, discussions about banning these additives are topics that are ongoing.
• Brominated vegetable oil is banned in Europe, and several companies in the US no longer use it.
• These additives can enable the bromine to accumulate in your body and reach unsafe levels. Bromine has been linked to thyroid problems, nerve damage, cancer, and other health problems.
4. Potassium bromate. It may sound like brominated vegetable oil, but is actually a food additive potassium bromate completely different.
• Potassium bromate can be found in bread, flour, biscuits and other baked goods. It is banned in some countries, and health experts recommend that consumers avoid it because of health problems.
• Food additives have been linked to cancer.
5. Interesterified fat. These fats are used to help preserve food and help it last on store shelves. However, the controversial additive that has been linked to health problems differently.
• Interesterified fat can be found in baked goods, canned soups, and other foods.
• Experts fear that the interesterified reaction may be as harmful as trans-fats. additives have been linked to heart disease, high cholesterol, heart problems, blood sugar level problems, and other problems.
6. BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole). You may have noticed this common food additive in cereal chips, butter, beer, crackers, chewing gum, or potatoes. BHA also be found in baked goods and meats preserved.
• This food additive is considered a carcinogen by the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Health and Human Services.
• It’s controversial stuff that continues to be the focus of some debate over food safety.
• BHA can negatively affect the body in several ways. It can disrupt normal sleep patterns and affect your appetite. It also can hurt the kidneys and has been linked to cancer. BHA can cause hair loss and other problems.
By paying attention to the ingredients list, you can see a common chemical additive in your food. Learn more about their features, uses, and side effects, and take care of what you put into your body with your food.
Please comment on ” Chemical Food Additives ” thanks.