Delicious Ways to Eat More spinach that good for you
You don’t have to be Popeye to love spinach. It is delicious raw or cooked and is packed with important nutrients. Here are some brief facts about why you want to add this vegetable to your diet and delicious ways to do it.
This vegetable is rich in antioxidants and is a good source of iron, calcium, folic acid, and vitamins. Whether in bags or packets, looking crisp, dark leaves. Be sure to wash it thoroughly to get rid of the dirt you can see and the pesticides you can’t. You can also now find This vegetable in pre-washed bags practice, even though it may cost you more than the unwashed variety.
Even in the vegetable drawer of your refrigerator, spinach loses much of its nutritional value after just a few days, but the frozen spinach can last 6 months or more. If you have more fresh spinach that you can use right away, steam and drain to make your own frozen spinach.
Tasty ways to use raw spinach :
- Toss it into salads. These hearty greens can help you make a healthy meal in minutes. Adding foods rich in vitamin C will help your body to absorb iron in this vegetable. Make a spinach salad with orange slices and add some chicken breast for protein.
• Use a mixture of lettuces for an attractive presentation or enjoy the delicate flavor of this vegetable itself.
2. lighter but more filling sandwiches. Slimming sandwiches replacing some of the ingredients with the crispy spinach layers. It may feel like a big lunch, but you can have a whole cup of spinach for only about 7 calories.
3. This vegetable in your replacement envelopes. For wraps with fewer calories and more nutrients, use a large piece of this vegetable instead of bread. Almost anything you can put in a tortilla also works in a large solid sheet.
4. Whip a quick dip. With frozen chopped spinach, you can take a dip quickly with just a few additional ingredients. Thaw and drain this vegetable, then add a little low-fat sour cream, bread crumbs and spices of your choice.
Delicious ways to use cooked spinach:
- Add This vegetable to pasta dishes. spinach lasagna is a great way to feed a large gathering. Alternatively, you can easily make a large batch for you and your family, then freeze the leftovers into small portions so that you have a convenient mealtime. Ravioli and other pasta also work well with fillings of this vegetable.
2. Put this vegetable to your pizza. Whether you do at home or order from a pizzeria, get spinach and other vegetable toppings for your pie. It is much better for your health than just pepperoni and sausage.
3. Bake a batch of creamed spinach. traditional cream spinach is very rich in fat, but you can enjoy this favorite without breaking your diet. Help yourself to a size smaller portion or just adjust the recipe. Try substituting olive oil and low-fat milk for some or all of the butter and whole milk.
4. Try this green leafy in soups. This vegetable fresh or frozen is perfect for soup. If using fresh leaves, add them at the last minute because they quickly fade and lose nutrients if cooked too long. You can also add thawed and drained frozen spinach to many soup recipes.
5. Throw this vegetable in stir-fries. Spinach is well suited to stir as the main ingredient or supplement to other vegetables, seafood or meat. It is at its best when cooked for about 1 to 2 minutes so add when you are almost finished. Make sure the leaves are dry to minimize splatter.
Eat more spinach is an easy and delicious way to keep a year of healthy diet. You can enjoy these green in familiar classic and simple casseroles or experiment with new uses for a change in a healthy pace.
Please comment on this article, thanks.