Five Everyday Activities to Protect Your Physical Health
Does your body ever feel stiff or sore? As we go through the motions of our often sedentary activities, it can be easy to forget that our bodies need tending too. With a little conscious thought, you can increase your current physical well-being.
Incorporate these easy everyday activities into your daily routines to help keep your body healthy:
1. Stand up and stretch. Are you at home watching TV or working behind your desk, sit down for a long time can really take its toll, especially on your back? To ensure that you stay healthy and flexible:
- Avoid leaning on a chair or sofa if you have to sit for a long time.
- Take a 1-minute break every 30 minutes to walk around and stretch your legs and back muscles.
- Support your back. Perhaps you would be more comfortable in a different chair. You can also find a lumbar pad or back brace would be useful.
2. Avoid spending hours at the computer. Your job may require you to work at a computer all day. However, no matter how busy you are, you can take a moment or two every hour to rest your eyes. Here are some suggestions to ease your eyes:
- Use an anti-glare screen to decrease contrast.
- Take frequent breaks and rest your gaze out a window or at a far-away object. Relaxing your eyes will help you avoid eyestrain.
- Ensure that you have good lighting; there should be light around your monitor, and even behind it. Avoid using the computer in the dark!
- Minimize the amount of clutter around your monitor. Your eyes have more work to do when there are excess items in your frame of vision.
3. Lift with your legs. As we go through “the motions” on a daily basis, we often overlook the impact small things can have on our physical health. For example: how we lift. Like most of us, you may forget sometimes that lifting with your back can cause damage. Try to remain conscious of this fact to protect your body.
- Bend at the knees, not at the waist to take the pressure off your sensitive back muscles, and prevent unnecessary damage.
- Avoid lifting things that are overly heavy. You might feel like you can manage it but you may be putting excess strain on your muscles.
4. Eat frequently. Sometimes you may get caught up with work and other activities, and forget to eat. However, there is absolutely no positive gain from skipping meals, whether intentionally or mistakenly. Eating every 3-4 hours helps keep your digestive system healthy.
5. Get plenty of rest. To function, two of your bodies’ most primary needs are food and rest. A good night’s sleep will help you be at your best. Rest periods give your systems a chance to regenerate and become ready for the next day’s physical challenges.
- Set your bedtime and try to stick to it.
- Take a break from work if you notice your body is showing signs of weariness.
- Relaxation is another form of rest; a little leisure time can effectively help your body to regain lost energy.
To ensure your lifelong health, start by focusing on a few simple actions like these every day. Now that you know how easy it is to enhance your health, you can start your journey to vibrant health today.
Please comment on ” Five Everyday Activities ” thanks.