Fun Ways to Burn Calories and Shape Up
Do you avoid exercise because you feel it is time-consuming and boring? If so, it’s easy to see why you make excuses to get out of having to face it. The problem is, the more you avoid exercise, the more sedentary your lifestyle becomes, and the more you may face health challenges instead.
It doesn’t have to be this way! You probably remember having lots of good times when you were younger that involved quite a bit of strenuous activity. At the time, you didn’t even realize that you were doing something healthy for your body because you were having so much fun.
Instead of forcing yourself into boring exercise routines, you can recapture some of those good feelings of your youth by seeking out activities that help you burn calories and shape up while having fun.
Try these ideas for fun ways to get in shape:
- Hula hoop. You can work out whatever sets of muscles you want with a hula hoop. They now make special hoops that are balanced with weights for different parts of your body. Before you know it, you’ll be toned and in shape and you’ll have had fun in the process.
2. Jump rope. Jumping rope has many health benefits. It also gets invigorating very quickly. You may find that you’ve burned 100 calories in only 10 minutes while jumping rope.
3. Fly a kite. If the weather is right, you can exercise just by flying a kite. It’s a great activity to try, especially if you have kids to enjoy it with you.
4. Dance. Even if you think you don’t know how to dance, or have no natural rhythm, dancing can be a lot of fun. You can sign up for a class or just get crazy in your own home. Let yourself loose and you’ll find that you’re burning calories in no time.
5. Go for a ride. Go for a ride outside and enjoy the scenery. The trick to this technique is that you won’t be using a car. Ride a bike, rollerblade, or try skateboarding.
- These activities are often more fun than just walking around town. However, if you’re the type to enjoy a good walk, that’ll certainly benefit you as well.
6. Take up gardening. Gardening is another activity that you might not associate with staying fit. The truth is that it’s a very beneficial activity. In gardening, you focus on the yard and plants, instead of the fact that you’re exercising, which makes it fun.
7. Swim. While this activity might not be available to you year-round, it’s good for you to take the opportunity to do it when you can. Swimming is an excellent exercise, and you can get creative so you never have the same swim twice.
Yes, getting in shape can be a lot of fun. As long as you’re moving, you’re exercising and burning up calories. Use these exercise tips as a springboard for your imagination and you’ll never run out of ideas for a fun way to exercise again!