Losing 30 pounds in 6 weeks with a protein-sparing modified fast
The protein-sparing modified fasting has been around a long time and it is widely used in the medical community, often to help patients lose weight fast to be better candidates for surgery. It is a low-calorie diet, but do not give rise to a high level of hunger after the first days.
The diet is simple and inexpensive. Best of all, it is very effective for fat loss while maintaining muscle mass. As with any diet, discuss your plans with your doctor before starting.
Consider these steps when setting up and following this diet:
- Determine your ideal weight. To be realistic. Some of us aren’t meant to be 5’8”, 116 lb. models. models But a healthy slim goal is quite reasonable.
• There are lots of tables and charts there to give advice. However, most people have a pretty good idea of what they should weigh.
• For our example, assume that 150 lbs. our ideal body weight.
2. Determine your protein needs. There are many formulas, but the easiest is to set your protein needs (0.8 grams x ideal body weight in pounds.).
- For our example subject, the proper protein consumption would be 120 grams (150 x 0.8 = 120).
- The protein in the diet will help you maintain your muscle mass and provide a small amount of carbohydrates for your brain (protein can be converted into carbohydrates).
3. Use only sources of high-quality protein. For those who eat meat, you’re in luck. Any meat low-fat content is acceptable. skinless chicken breasts, fish low in fat, egg whites and lean red meat are ideal.
• dairy products low in fat are also an excellent choice. Calcium is important for weight loss, so that’s why dairy products should be included.
- get your essential fatty acids required for biological processes. Take 8 grams per day of fish oil is all you need. Strive to keep the rest of your diet as fat-free as possible.
4. No carbs. This is the hardest part for most people. One of the cornerstones of the diet is to eat as close to zero carbohydrates as possible. There are many biochemical changes that occur when carbohydrates are absent from the body.
- If you want to quickly burn fat and depriving yourself of carbohydrates. Unlike fats and proteins, carbohydrates should not be consumed to sustain life.
5. Eat your vegetables. This scheme allows a generous consumption of most vegetables. The following are off-limits: corn, peas, carrots, and avocado. These vegetables are too high in carbohydrates or fats. Stick with non-sweet vegetables such as broccoli, lettuce, cucumbers, and peppers.
6. Take a daily vitamin. The whole point of this scheme is to provide only the calories and nutrients you need to survive. So take a vitamin a day to stay healthy.
7. Have a plan for after the diet. It is possible to maintain this type of diet indefinitely, although the rich calorie levels would likely be required.
• However, it is likely that you will feel better with some sources of quality carbohydrates. Any natural source would be a good start. oats, rice, sweet vegetables, and fruits are good choices.
This diet is very effective, and you should expect to lose about 30 pounds. in a period of 6 weeks. There are many scientific studies online to support this scheme and the figures. Talk to your doctor before you start and try not to get discouraged. The regime is much easier after a week. You should not be hungry after this period.