Top 10 Benefits of Massage Therapy
Benefits of Massage Therapy: massage is the manipulation of the soft tissues. A massage can also be one of the most pleasurable experiences a human being can enjoy. Massage has been used since ancient times as a treatment for stress or pain. Interestingly, there are many benefits massage provides that go far beyond stress and pain relief.
There are a wide variety of massages available. Here are just a few examples:
- Hot stone
- Aromatherapy massage
- Trigger point
- Deep tissue
The best option is to give them all a try and see what works best for you. Everyone seems to have their own favorite.
Benefits of Massage Therapy on a regular basis that can have a great impact on your physical and mental health:
1. Better sleep. If you’ve never had a massage before, you’ll be amazed by how well you sleep that night. There’s a lot of speculation on why massage helps your ability to sleep, but there’s no doubt that it does. If you struggle to sleep, get a massage, and see for yourself how much it helps.
2. It undoes the damage of sitting all day. A massage might be the most perfect cure for the harm that sitting all day causes to your body. It will help to straighten out your back and neck. Massage will decompress your spine and make you feel years younger. If you spend all day sitting in a chair, a massage is a necessity.
3. Massage is a great relaxer. You’ll never feel more relaxed than you will after a good massage. It seems to squeeze all the stress out of your body and leave you feeling like a sleepy, relaxed teddy bear.
4. It increases white blood cell count. Massage has been shown in numerous medical studies to boost white cell count. It boosts your immune system and reduces the likelihood of becoming sick.
5. Massage enhances focus. Relaxation and focus are related. Massage has the ability to clear your mind and allow you to focus more intently. Those that struggle to focus on a task often find that massage is helpful in this regard.
6. Reduced depression symptoms. Again, no one is sure why, but a regular massage helps to prevent depression. It also reduces the symptoms of depression when you’re feeling down in the dumps. If you’ve been feeling emotionally under the weather, a massage is worth a try.
7. Enhanced posture. Studies show that massage can help your posture. If you’re prone to slumping or hanging your head forward, massage might be the answer. Many people report feeling taller after a massage. This is the result of better posture.
8. Increased flexibility. Flexibility is primarily a function of nervous tension. Massage helps to lower the amount of tension in the muscle. Enhanced flexibility is the result.
9. Reduced pain. It might be logical to assume that massage would increase pain when you consider that the massage therapist is squeezing, pushing, and pulling on your body. However, the opposite is true. The massage itself could be painful temporarily, but you’ll feel less pain after the massage than before.
10. Injury prevention. Massage does wonderful things for your muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Many professional athletes receive regular massages to help treat and prevent injuries.
If you’ve never had a massage, you’re in for a treat. If you’ve had a massage, why aren’t you having them more often? Massage is a great activity to include in your health regimen.
Ask around for referrals and keep an open mind. There are licensed and unlicensed massage therapists. You never know who will work the greatest magic on your body.
Please comment on ” Benefits of Massage Therapy ” thanks.