Top 10 Mindset Hacks to Start Exercising
It is clear that exercise has mental, physical, and health benefits. When doing exercise, you can increase your mood, reduce your disease risks and improve your sleep. Exercise can even help you live longer.
However, if exercise is not already part of your routine, it can be difficult to start adding physical activity in your life. And after starting – how can you support the exercise in a way that will create sustainable results?
Consider these benefits of exercise, as well as tips for creating a sustainable fitness routine.
Benefits of exercise:
- Helps prevent weight gain or maintain weight loss
- Helps prevent health problems, including high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, and anxiety
- Improves your mood
- Helps manage blood glucose and insulin
- Boosting energy
- Improves your sleep
Use these tips to exercise consistently and create sustainable results:
1. Start with two minutes. When you start with something new as exercise, you want to make it as easy as possible to start. Limiting your first session up to two minutes will help you start showing up so that you can transition into the routine of exercising.
2. Facilitate exercise. The ultimate mind hack to exercise is making it easy. In this way, when it comes time to exercise, you are already on the least resistant path.
● Define an hour and a specific place to exercise.
● Put your workout clothes in a specific and open place.
● Prepare your food, shoes, and hydration the previous night.
3. Link exercise with something you need to do. You can also combine exercise with a task you already do throughout your day.
● Walking or running at work.
●Run to your errands.
● Listen to an audio or podcast during your exercise.
● Exercise while watching your favorite TV show.
● Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
4. Announce your exercise goals to someone to request your accountability. Motivation studies show that people who tell their friends, their families, and their colleagues about their goals are more likely to succeed. Tell others about the purpose of practice you can inspire you to take action.
5. Instead of thinking about exercising as something you have to do, think about it as something you want to do. When you see sports as something you have to do, you rob yourself of enjoying the process.
6. Choose consistency over intensity. What will happen when you are stressed, sick or wounded? To avoid burning and losing your motivation for exercise, choose to be compatible with your exercise instead of sticking to a rigid plan “all or nothing”.
7. Accept progress on perfection. Your fitness trip will not be linear. If you focus on trying to be perfect, you may feel like you do not progress at all. If you want to step forward, you may find it difficult to stay motivated. Realize that any progress is good!
8. Track numbers and progression. studies show that writing goals, measuring progress, and building prizes cause success. When you keep track of your progress, you can identify what you want to improve or focus on.
- ● In addition, you can see the progress you have made on a given time, which can motivate you to continue!
- ● You can use an application or laptop to track your numbers and progress.
9. Think about benefits. Studies also show that permanent change comes to remind you of the advantages associated with achieving your goals.
- ● What benefits will you reap by making your fitness goals? Maybe you will have more energy, lose weight or you will feel more confident.
- ● Remember why you wanted to start doing exercise in the first place.
10. Reward yourself. Prizes will help train your brain to look forward to exercising and help you achieve your goals.
Exercise can greatly benefit your life. Don’t be afraid to start as small as you start exercising working in your daily life.
Please comment on ” Top 10 Mindset Hacks to Start Exercising ” thanks.