Top 10 Tips to How to Get Fit at Home
Have you noticed that you have won a little excess weight recently? If this is the case, you may be tempted to join the gym. However, join a gym is not always necessary. You can get fit in the privacy of your own home – and on your own terms.
Try these tips to get fit at home:
1. Use social media. While sitting at home, you can use the power of social media to get some exercise ideas. Just follow some trainers and fitness influencers online on Facebook or Instagram and you will have new content sent directly to your bait every day.
2. Invest in some key equipment. Although it’s good to buy a squat rack, chances that you will not have enough room at home for that. Instead, think of other facilities that can help your workouts that do not take a lot of space.
- ● Kettlebell and some medium dumbbells will be a good start because they can add extra dimensions to your home exercises.
- ● You may also want to invest in several resistance bands or maybe a jumping rope to do cardio in your garden.
3. Clean the house. Very few of us like to clean up, but do these household chores are a good way to get in fit at home. Plus, you make your home healthier and neater too, which will help raise your mood.
4. Use your environment. The furniture around your house, even walls, and surfaces can be used to make interesting exercises and workouts.
- ● For example, you can use a seat to do a tricep dip, or maybe even step-ups.
- ● Use your imagination and you might surprise yourself with the possibility.
5. Use an empty time gap to exercise. Waiting for a boiling kettle, or maybe during TV ads, it can be the right time to do some exercises.
- ● These short 30 second exercises can add something significant at the end of the day.
6. Try bodyweight exercises. Although we mentioned earlier by buying some pieces of equipment, you do not really need them if you prefer bodyweight exercises. Squats, to push-ups, to burpees, the possibilities are endless.
7. Load the fitness DVD. Behind your closet, you might find an old celebrity fitness DVD. Maybe it’s time to try it again?
8. Browse YouTube. If you have trouble having training ideas or motivation, take a moment or two to browse YouTube. There are hundreds, maybe thousands, personal trainers and fitness experts are available with many routines that you can follow.
9. Keep workouts short. You do not need to work for hours to see the results. Even 20-30 minutes a day can produce dramatic benefits.
- ● Make sure you give 100% when you exercise. If not, you will most likely not see the results you expect.
- ● HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) is a good idea as you are working out to set intervals, where you will be giving 100% followed by a short break.
10. Practice yoga. Yoga is good for your mind and body, it’s worth adding it to your home training routine. Fortunately, you do not need to be an expert to experience benefits!
As you can see, it’s certainly possible to get fit in the comfort of your own home.
A gym subscription may seem like a good idea and they will certainly have more equipment than at home, but it’s an expense that you may wish to forego, especially during these uncertain times we’re living in.