Family Fitness: stay together healthy
In these days of fast food dinners and hours spent sitting at computers and video games, families need more than ever to work together to stay healthy. As a parent, you have the responsibility to teach your children the importance of being physically active every day.
The family exercise ensures children will grow up with this healthy practice deeply rooted. In addition, when the family sharing your time together, whatever the activity, it also ensures and strengthens emotional ties.
Be creative in planning the physical family fitness activities. You might be surprised how positive your family respond to new types of exercises together!
Consider these ideas to the physical form of the family and commit to try some of them:
1. Bike-riding. If bicycles are dust in the garage, clean bikes and get them tuned up. Then plan a bike ride with the family twice a week.
• Vary the times of day you ride until you get the time that is best for everyone. The mornings on weekends and in summer might work. If not, try the afternoon before the evening dinner or early after the meal.
2. Swimming. Most children love to play in a pool. Once all your children swim, take the family to the pool twice a week, weather permitting.
• Swimming expends many calories and provides plenty of opportunities afterward for the family to just hang out in the pool to talk and spend quality time together.
3. Alternate walking and running. Of course, a family walk is a pleasant activity, quiet. But what if you changed it up a bit and alternated walking 3 minutes then running 3 minutes? Most children love to run, and would even be happy to run you for the few minutes that you would pick up the pace.
4. Mini-biathlon. If your family enjoys running and cycling, bike and swim or run and swim, plan your own mini biathlon. Parents can develop schedules training easy and fun for everyone.
• Engage the whole family in planning, training, and completing your mini biathlon. You stimulate the interest of your children in physical activities while sharing quality time together.
5. Calisthenics, Yoga or Tai Chi. It’s nice to have some ideas for fitness activities inside in case of a rainy day. Depending on the age of your children, many types of exercise can provide a pleasant family fitness experience inside.
• Stretching, modified push-ups, sit-ups and leg lifts will all provide physical challenges for you and your children when there is bad weather. Practicing yoga or Tai Chi is also difficult and healthy without being too noisy for inside the house.
• Use rugs or blankets on the floor to do exercises to more comfortable ground. You will have some quality time and conversation with children while doing exercise indoor family.
6. Dance DVD. One activity carefree Fitness nicest form to do with your kids is dancing. After all, who does not like to dance?
• There are tons of dance DVDs on the market right now. From dance with oldies, learning to salsa to try new hip-hop moves, you will surely find DVDs that your family enjoys doing together.
Demonstrate that fitness is fun, challenging and invigorating and help your children develop real enthusiasm to stay active! When you educate your children at a young age on fitness and the benefits of staying in shape, these lessons to support all their lives.