Top 8 tips to boost motivation in losing weight
Losing weight takes time and patience because there are no shortcuts. If you need to lose a few pounds, it will take at least several weeks. significant weight loss goals may take months or even years.
Keeping your motivation high will make it easier to weather those tough days when your weight loss goal seems out of reach.
Use these tips to maintain your motivation in losing weight:
- Place your favorite inspirational quote on the mirror or refrigerator. A quick pick-me-up can save the day when your motivation is reduced. It can also be an effective way to start your day.
• Tape Some citations in the bathroom mirror. Do the same on the door of the refrigerator can avoid a lapse in the diet.
2. Keep track of your progress. Track your progress and motivate smart. How will you know if your diet and exercise are effective if you do not take regular measurements?
• There are many ways to track your progress. Find and use the one that motivates you most.
• Fill a glass jar with decorative stones or beads. Each is equivalent to one pound you want to lose. As you lose weight, move your marker pot is full. It is exciting to watch the contents of a pot shrink as the other increases.
4. Hiring a personal trainer. Getting to the gym regularly is not easy. Most of us are adept at finding reasons why it makes sense to stay home. Knowing that your personal trainer awaits you at the gym greatly increases your incentive to show up.
• A good personal trainer will also track your progress and keep you accountable.
5. Find a workout buddy or weight loss. Losing weight can be a lonely process. Given the rate of obesity in the first world countries, there are many others in the same situation. Find a buddy with whom you can communicate on a regular basis. Ideally, you can find someone to join workouts.
6. Purchase new work out gear. Some sports clothes and new shoes can inspire activity. If your workouts are lagging behind, a new outfit might be just the motivation you need.
7. List your reasons for losing weight. After a few weeks of dieting, it’s typical to lose track of your original motivation. Make a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight. There is no reason too small or small, as long as it is true.
• Want to look better? Improve your health? Fit into your old jeans? Write and revise your list regularly.
8. Provide small gifts along the way. It could be a bad idea to wait until you have reached your final destination to reward yourself. Start with small goals to get yourself started. Dieting becomes harder after a while, so give yourself a greater reward as you progress.
Maintain a high level of motivation is an important part of achieving any goal weight loss. Losing weight is a slow process and progress can be difficult to see at times. Motivation is personal. What works for others may require a bit of tweaking to be effective for you.
Stay focused on all the great progress you make and keep looking forward. A small amount of attention and motivation each day can keep your spirits and high expectations.
Please comment on ” motivation in losing weight” thanks.